Introduction

This is a little introduction post for this blog as I continue my course into the semester. I think CDM has been interesting so far. It's quite different from last year.

Last year, the best class I took by far was Photography, it was so fun and I loved taking photos in such an artistic manner. I loved going into the studio and using the flash and playing with the lighting and setup. It was a really interesting module and I'm a bit sad we don't have it this semester. I'd definitely love to do some more photography again because it let me express myself in so many unique ways using various techniques taught to me in the class.
I'm not sure I'd like a career in photography after I leave college but I will say its very fun so far.

This is a very early photo of my cat Bella I took when starting out with my DSLR camera. I'm glad I take so many pictures of her because I like to look back on them!

My goals for this module is to be competent enough in Unity3D to understand the basics. I'd love to be able to make a simple game myself because I love playing video games and to make one myself would be so cool. I'd also love to teach it to somebody else because it sounds like a really fun thing to be able to know yourself, and then teach it to somebody who wants to learn it as well.

For this semester I'd like to keep a positive mindset when going into assignments even though they can get so daunting when they pile up as they already are but I'm trying to remind myself that I can do it if I manage my time well.

Before coming back to college I had a great holiday in France in July. It was really hot and sunny there and so distinct from Ireland that coming back to cold and rain was so strange, even though it was good to be home again.

Over the summer I practiced drawing a lot and I think I have improved slowly. It can get frustrating when it doesn't come out as you expected especially after putting in so much effort but the practice is a part of the fun.

I've been a bit stressed since second year began but it's not too bad. I've also been thinking of what I want to do when I leave college but I am still a bit unsure. I have a few things in mind and most of them involve doing some kind of art.

So far, the year has been going just fine and I hope I can be positive throughout it.


Comments

  1. Hi Anna,
    Glad to hear you enjoyed photography, it was probably my least favorite module from last year. But hey everyone has their favorite. Can agree that Unity does sound interesting, pretty sure it'll be hella fun once you get the hang of it. You should definitely do commissions cause your artwork is great. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, love your cat picture, it's really cute, how old is she? I'm also a bit sad about the Photography being a module only for one year. I wish they would spread it over two years, as it would be fun to photograph real models or work with more challenging cameras and objects. I would love to see some photos from France, if you have any. Byeee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna,
    I can't get over your cat she is so pretty, I can relate to how you like to take so many photos of her I'm the same with my pets, they probably hate me I never leave them alone haha. The photography module was so much fun last year I'm glad that you enjoyed it too, I thought it was really interesting and would've liked to learn more about photography this year. I love France I used to go there nearly every year when I was a kid I'm so jealous you got to go. I really like your blog and look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna, don't worry about the stress you're experiencing, it'll go away once you get into the flow of things and you'll be back to being calm and cool in no time. And photography was definitely one of your best subjects from last year, you were great at it, and your cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anna! Your cat is so cute! I really like the photography module last year too. It was completely different to anything I had ever done before but I really enjoyed it. I'm kind of sad we don't have it this semester too;( Nice to get to know you a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna, before i say anything i just wanted to say your cat is adorable ^_^
    that being said i like your introduction, you seem to have a great passion for photography.
    i really hope you manage to make a good game in unity, it's definitely been a lot of fun playing around with it this semester.
    would love to visit France myself, it's definitely on the bucket list, i feel you have alot of talents so i can see why your unsure what you will do when you finish college but i say think about that at the end of 4th year and just have fun and do your best for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Anna. Oh god your cat is the cutest thing ever. I have a cat too! Maybe our cat's can be friends :) but not with rob's cat. Rob's cat is cute and all but rob's cat seems like they would bully my cat :(
    Hope to see more blogs coming from you!
    Love james

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Anna! I really enjoyed getting to know you better by reading this post. It's great that you really loved the photography module I agree with you there. I was also heartbroken when I learned we didn't have any photography module this year, I really miss it. Your cat is too cute! Bella is a great name for a cat. It's great how driven you are to make your own game in this module, I hope it all goes well for you. I like how you're aiming to have a positive mindset for this year I know the modules are a bit much but we'll all get through it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Anna!,
    I really enjoyed reading through your introduction blog post today. I found it to really fun learning more about you. I think that it's great that you really loved the photography module from last year. I too, was also disappointed that we didn't have a photography module this year, I do really miss it. By the way your cat is super cute and adorable ! Of course Bella is a great name for a cat. It's great to hear how determined you are to make your own game in this module, I do hope that it all goes well for you. Anyways,
    Great blog and Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Anna,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and it is very interesting to get to know you by reading through this. It is great that your favourite module was photography. It was my favourite module too. Although I did not do aswell but I still enjoyed it. You must be really good at drawing, I too love to draw but just have no motivation for it. Anyway hope everything goes well this year for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final GDD

Game Design Document