Unity Tutorial 05

This week I looked at two Unity tutorials. The first one looked first at adding text with the usual customization such as font size and style, then using the text to make a dynamic UI into the game, which was making text display on an object to tell you what key to press, in this case press E to take a floating gem in the game. The text itself wasn't difficult but I ran into a couple of problems with the C#, which was needed to make this text work with the gem and to make it disappear when you pick it up.

C# to make the gem disappear and the UI work...

The second tutorial was a lot more interesting, which teaches you how to add some simple weapons into the game. It employed many things that I did in previous Unity tutorials and it was nice to refresh my memory with it. This tutorial was about adding much more environment, for example, making a fence which wasn't too difficult.
Using a model asset I added a simple axe to the game. It was really cool to do this because I think I will definitely need to add weapons to the game I want to make as it's an action/fighting game.
The axe model underwent some simple processes I've become familiar with such as rotating it and resizing it.

I liked both of these tutorials but definitely found the second one to be more appealing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Final GDD

Game Design Document