Unity Free Tutorials

This week I have begun to look at my own Unity tutorials as I start to develop the prototype of my game. I will be making a 2D game so I looked up some videos to help me as I have never done anything like this.

This is the first video I watched https://youtu.be/on9nwbZngyw

  

It was a concise tutorial and very easy to follow for a beginner. I didn't have any trouble with most of it except for the part where you had to add the coin in. I couldn't get it to spin on the platform, then I tried the settings again and it worked - it was a little bit confusing having so many settings in as I have never worked with making a 2D game until this tutorial. 

Some of them are different from the 3D settings, but some were familiar, such as the box collider, which made it a bit easier as I already know it's functions and what it does to the game. Besides the trouble with the coin, besides that it was a really good tutorial and I've got my first steps into creating a simple 2D game.

I also began to look at this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwcT-Dch0bA which looked at character movement in 2D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Final GDD

Game Design Document