"Alpha" game stage

So I have actually decided to scrap my 2D game and make it into a 3D as 2D just wasn't working for me no matter what I did. I tried to fix the errors one last time, but it just didn't work out and it was very frustrating. I will have to start everything from scratch but 3D seems to be working much better for me, for some reason. I've hardly gotten any errors and I've got my character moving and attacking and running, but for some reason this just did not work in 2D.

I know I have a lot to catch up on but at least it will actually work from now on. I implemented a character and I know I will be able to easily put in a background and things like coins and gems. I will basically just put my game idea from 2D to 3D, and hopefully it works out, as it seems to be alright so far.

the animations actually work!!
 

Comments

  1. Hey Anna,
    sorry to hear that your game wouldn't work in 2D, im pretty sure it was a requirement to work in 3D anyway? Might be mistaken.
    i cant imagine the change from 2D to 3D will be a quick process so best of luck to you and having to switch over!
    your games looks awesome though i seen photos on your main blog page and i get huge zelda vibes! maybe just your character choice.
    you should consider making the sword on his back an actual weapon, if this was already your intention i apologize there is so many blog comments and feedback i don't have time to read everything.
    Anyways i really hope the change wont be too big of an inconvenience on you
    best of luck
    eoin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Final GDD

Game Design Document