Unity Free Tutorials

This week I actually went back to some basics, and went back to the Jimmy Vegas tutorials, and it has been going well so far. I've created terrain and a map to walk around in for my character. I experimented with some lighting changes and texture changes as you  can see here. My character is able to walk through the trees. The mountains are impassable and I don't think I want my character to climb them as they are more a boundary and used for aesthetic purposes, like to cage the character in the map to stop him leaving and flying away.

 Here is my character in idle animation.


My character also has an attack animation but there are no enemies yet, so it doesn't really do anything, but I'm hoping to put in an enemy or at least an NPC very soon.


I definitely want to make the mountains look a little better and make them a bit bigger. So far the 3D game is going well.

Comments

  1. Hi Anna! A bit sorry to hear that you had to change into 3D, but I think it was a requirement anyway, so from one side it's good that you changed now and not at the end of the semester when it would be too late. And I have the same problem as you with the trees! Its like they are missing the colliders... Anyway, I like the look of your game so far... And I really like the texture you have on the ground. It's not very realistic, but looks cartoonish and works well with the character that you have. And of course, good job on getting the animations working.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Final GDD

Game Design Document